23 Jul Easy Garlic Broccolini
It’s actually not a younger version of broccoli, but rather a natural hybrid between regular broccoli and a plant called Chinese broccoli. My family prefers it to broccoli and since it takes less time to cook, I make this at least once a week. It has longer, thin stalks with small florets – even my toddler eats it with no complaints!
The best part, it’s healthy and ready in under 10 minutes; so if you’re cooking for the holidays or just a meal for your family and need an easy side dish, this is it! You can double it or halve it as you need.
EASY GARLIC BROCCOLINI
Broccolini, also known as baby broccoli, makes a fantastic, quick side dish and compliments just about anything from beef roasts, lamb, fish, turkey, chicken, lasagna and more.
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 6 cloves peeled garlic, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Trim about 1 1/2 inches off broccolini stems and discard. Slice the broccolini in half lengthwise.
- Bring pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add broccolini and cook 2 minutes. Quickly drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the drained broccolini, season with kosher salt to taste and red pepper flakes (optional), and cook 1 minute, or until heated through.
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-garlic-broccolini/#uARL3PxxbbkHycp0.99