23 Jul Easy Garlic Broccolini
It’s actually not a younger version of broccoli, but rather a natural hybrid between regular broccoli and a plant called Chinese broccoli. My family prefers it to broccoli and since it takes less time to cook, I make this at least once a week. It has longer, thin stalks with small florets – even my toddler eats it with no complaints!
The best part, it’s healthy and ready in under 10 minutes; so if you’re cooking for the holidays or just a meal for your family and need an easy side dish, this is it! You can double it or halve it as you need.
Broccolini, also known as baby broccoli, makes a fantastic, quick side dish and compliments just about anything from beef roasts, lamb, fish, turkey, chicken, lasagna and more.
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 6 cloves peeled garlic, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Trim about 1 1/2 inches off broccolini stems and discard. Slice the broccolini in half lengthwise.
- Bring pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add broccolini and cook 2 minutes. Quickly drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the drained broccolini, season with kosher salt to taste and red pepper flakes (optional), and cook 1 minute, or until heated through.
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-garlic-broccolini/#uARL3PxxbbkHycp0.99